Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some Presidential Doodles

I really miss drawing - figure drawing especially. So I've been doodling a lot lately. In honor of Presidents' Day coming up I decided to draw a few favorite Presidents, and one with really good wrinkles. I love wrinkles. Love 'em. They tell your story. Ladies, please don't be so scared of wrinkles...crow's feet, laugh lines...whatever you want to call them - they are all so beautiful. Well, I feel myself inching towards a soapbox, when really this was a post about my latest sketches.
Here they are: Mr. Lincoln, Mr. Kennedy, and Mr. Carter.

















Abe's beard is a little teased and bushy on that left side, but maybe he was just too stressed that day worrying about emancipation to remember to run a comb through his beard.



































CLICK HERE for a a fun little time lapse video of Mr. Carter's drawing. (The squeaky mouse is me chatting on the phone.)
HAPPY PRESIDENTS' DAY!

2 comments:

Shana B said...

Awesome work! You should sale these!

Arriva said...

I was wondering what is up with that weird gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I’m not looking my best at that hour, but I hope I don’t look like this! I might however make that face if I’m asked to do 100 pushups. coach sale
coach on sale

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...