Monday, January 19, 2009

The Knitty Gritty

During Christmas break, my mother-in-law and I spent a morning learning how to knit from a sweet neighbor who offered us her day, coffee & breakfast, and supplies. The technique itself was easier than I thought - and I even remembered how to stitch upon returning home. But stitching pretty is another story. "Hiccups" can be seen all throughout my work, creating a very unintentional and irregular pattern. As our instructor Dana would say, "Oh, that's lovely. You can see where you are learning." (She was a very patient and encouraging teacher!) All hiccups aside, it was very refreshing to learn a new craft. Just don't expect to see any knitted items on cbp-Etsy anytime soon!
I'm attempting a scarf for my first project, made from a beautiful soft blue/green cotton yarn. And at this rate, it'll be done about this time next year. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh,oh,oh...pick me, pick me!!! you know blue green is my favorite and in this new climate I'll still be cold by the time you finish it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...